31 August 2008

"I Am Delicious" + Drool = Nephew

Since I've been out of camp, I have been back and forth between NY, NJ, upstate, the city, Rockland County, Boston and DC. I am currently on my way back from Boston, as official move-in day to my new place is tomorrow! And school is on Tuesday!

On the Mall, with the Capitol behind me. See, I WAS in DC.
Further DC proof, with the Washington Monument.

The DC trip was months in the making (8 mos, yesterday, in fact!) as my adorable nephew was born on 30 December 2007. Sadly, he wasn't born on 28 December, which would've made us quasi-twins, but I still totally dig him. At 10lbs, 2oz when he was born, allegedly lifting his head at 2 days, Aaron (or, as I generally refer to him, "Aharon" or "AK") is now a 25lb stander, and near-walker. He's happy, and he laughs in quick, short bursts. He started "talking" to me immediately and generally seemed to enjoy my presence.

To ensure that he continues to like me, I bought him a plush giraffe that serves as a toy, a pillow and a blanket. I'm a little embarrassed that my mandatory AEPhi-enforced giraffe affinity has managed to creep into my practice of buying my nephew presents, 8 years (!) after I rushed that beacon of glitter and salad.

I had a few hours to hang out in DC proper, when I wasn't at baby gym (hilarious), Old Town Alexandria (delightful + GAP outlet), or other places suburban. I went to see the Muppets exhibit in the Smithsonian and met up with old friends -- Leah, from PIP 99, Nugs from Ski Mayim Wheee Drop Our Skis 04, and Leasy from the entirety of SoFL childhood.

Alas, I did not think to take pictures of all of these delightful friends. Below are pictures of this visit, with the most delightful and drooly of nephews, 2/3 of my brothers, my one and only sister-in-law, and 2 pictures that PROVE I was indeed, in DC.

"I am delicious."
"I am delightful."
"I am huge!"

"I am the king of baby gym."

Ben is a father, and also sees himself as king of the baby gym.

CJ and I enjoy AK at the local Cosi.My Oldest and Youngest brothers, looking oddly professional.

"My aunt bought me a toy. Back off!"

"I love my aunt. Really!"

No comments: