02 September 2008

Waxing Political // Miss JSU

I love waxing political on occasion, and I've been getting trained more and more in this vein by Rafi. I figure this will upset 2 or 3 of my 7 or so readers (Hi dad, Rafi's parents, the Israeli family, Meredith, people with Google Reader and Melanie!), but what the hey, school starts tomorrow and I need to have fun now, so here goes.

Sarah Palin is the Republican VP nominee. Taking into account my limited grasp of the subject of nominating people for VP of a serious, gigantic world power, here was my take:

1. She governs more reindeer than people. (Just this past summer, I governed 120 of the world's most terrific 12-year olds...)
2. She is pro-life, pro-guns and pro-drilling. (I like living, but prefer choice, am a good shot, but am pro gun control, and I think our dependency on oil needs to go...)
3. She's been governor for less than 2 years. (I have been in grad school for more than 2 years...)
4. I'm not entirely convinced that living and studying in Alaska and Idaho prepares you to be worldly and meet with foreign dignitaries. (I have lived in Israel, New York, and Florida...)
5. Isn't McCain a little old to be picking such an inexperienced running mate? (None of my moles were as bad as the ones he had removed...)
6. All other things considered, Republican family members, is she really any good for Israel, your reason for being Conservative. (I love Israel AND I'm pro-choice AND I'm smart AND I'm female!)

Then I read this article (insert waxing joke here), as linked on a favorite gossip blog of mine, Pink is the New Blog.

I then decided, that since I was also a first runner up in a beauty pageant, and an excellent shot (thanks, CBR!), then maybe I should be VP.

Then I realized that I have not had a future grandchild announcement from my 17-year-old daughter,(b'shaah tovah to the whole family!) so maybe I wouldn't make such a good VP. Hooray for abstinence-only education! Wheee!

The night I was crowned first runner up of the UF Miss JSU 2004 pageant.
In case you're wondering, I didn't have a real talent, so I did stand-up.
Another Sara won the grand prize for political reasons.
And no, I am not making this up.

No comments: