11 September 2008

Now, With More Aspartame!

Let's make something perfectly clear. I love Dunkin' Donuts. I love their donuts, I love their fridges of chocolate milks. I love that I went there on a weekly basis when I worked in Greenwich, and I loved that my home Rabbi supervised their kashrut so I could eat Dunkin' Donuts at my shul. Which I did. Often.

This morning, I found that when I emerged from the train station on the way to NJ (more about my secret love of the reverse commute, coming soon!), I walk practically into a DD. So today, after my crazy night, which consisted of moving furniture from Brooklyn to my apt at midnight, and carrying things like entire bookcases on my apparently strong back, I needed some coffee.

I ordered a medium, which apparently, in the words of one of my favorite comedians, is more like "coffee for 15 people." I guess I am used to the costly Starbucks medium, which is called grande, which means big in Spanish, but is like the size of frat-boy-cups. Dunkin' gives you a deal: about a gallon of coffee. And DD is cheaper, too.

I am glad I got the coffee, don't get me wrong. But I was shocked at the taste. Even with milk and Splenda, coffee is just kind of gross. What I didn't realize, when ordering my family-sized jug of coffee is that I prefer coffee with "Lite Vanilla Hazelnut Fat-Free Syrup-Type Product: Now, With More Aspartame!"

Lesson learned.

I could've just found a DD logo. This one makes me happier, though. gOBAMA'08!
(Source: http://www.diminishingreturns.net/wp/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/obama_runs_on_dunkin1.jpg)

No comments: