01 July 2008

Pants and Toes...

I barely, if ever, get time off. Not because my boss won't give it to me (he's amazing), but because it's just not practical to leave camp when you're running an eidah.

One of my campers asked me last week why I only wear sweatpants. She wasn't even at camp when I ran out of pants because I'd only packed a very specific amount to bring from Israel...So imagine her surprise when I showed up one night, wearing denim. Below is the one picture I took all day. I shall call it "Day Off" because I (a) got a pedicure and (b) was wearing jeans!
Sometimes, all you need is to get your toenails painted.
Thanks to Rafi for entertaining himself for a good 40 minutes...

Below is a picture of Rafi and me messing around for a few seconds in the staff programming office. My shirt says "This is what a Jerusalem feminist looks like." About 120391 Israeli men told me that they hate my shirt. It precipitated such intense and positive conversation, that I was sorry I'd worn it on a Friday and had to change into my Shabbat clothes at lunch. Usually, I'm wearing an outfit from 7AM until 1AM, every day...

This shirt is from the Jerusalem Rape Crisis Center. They do GREAT work!

No comments: